Friday 24 December 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas'

So it's Christmas Eve- and there is in fact snow outside my window. Being as I am not the biggest fan of Christmas, the fact that it's rather festive outside does make the whole thing a little more enjoyable. I have to admit, this is the first Christmas in eight years that I've had a sprinkling of excitement about.

Now, there is one things I adore about Christmas: the cooking. And I actually am a little excited to eat my Christmas dinner- I think the fact that this is also the first year in ages I haven't spent the run up to the 25th serving so many roast dinners it made me sick just to look at mine on Christmas day. But it also means I get to do lots, and lots of cooking.

I love cooking, and Christmas is by far the most gluttonous day of the year, so I get to cook ridiculous amounts and not feel bad about it! I've made a chocolate and lime cake so far, and I'm waiting to see if my meringue comes out successfully enough to make a pavlova. I'm blogging because I needed something to occupy me while my tomatoes cooled down enough for me to peel them- I just burnt my hand on one, I'm not a patient chef you see!

So there we go, slight Christmas cheer for once! Maybe I'm coming full circle, so long teenage angst!

No comments:

Post a Comment