Saturday 9 October 2010

The Age of Appliances

I bought a rice cooker.

I feel that 21 is an appropriate age to start buying kitchen appliances. Also I decided not get the novelty rice cooker and settled on a very sensible looking one from Argos. Admittedly, fact that the sensible cooker was more than half the price of the novelty helped.

Despite the fact I'll come out at the end of the year steeped in debt and therefore have to move back into my parents house, I feel as though my purchasing a kitchen appliance gives me a certain amount of independence. I will install it in my parents kitchen as a sign of my individuality and grown-upness. I will make grown up meals in it.

Which I will then eat on my Little Mermaid plate, while drinking juice out of my Peter Rabbit glass. And I'll store the left overs in my Darth Vader lunch box. Then go to my room with my collection of Disney themed soft toys and my array of Star Wars memorabilia. It's okay though because by then I'll hopefully have finally swapped my little single bed for a double. That makes it okay, right?

I think I'm adapting to being a grown up really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment