Tuesday 26 October 2010

And I shall call him Cuthbert

My housemates had the ingenious idea of buying a load of pumpkins.


They were to carve, of course. I did suggest that I could make some form of pumpkin baked goods, but they were all far more interested in carving faces into them and lighting them up with tealights. Our kitchen is not that large, so we did manage to commit mass carnage. By the time we were all done it looked like we'd murdered some aliens or something. However, the results were AWESOME.

Considering that I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was about thirteen, this whole affair made me very, very excited. You can see this by the fact that my pumpkin looks really ridiculously happy. In case you hadn't worked it out, mine is the one on the far right.



I love him. I have called him Cuthbert, and he is by far the least scary Jac-o-lantern I have ever seen in my life. I kind of forgot the point was to make them look menacing to ward off evil spirits and what nots. After, I made heart shaped biscuits with pink icing on which were nom-alicious.
Clearly this was such a good idea that all the very important work I had to do can wait until tomorrow.














No comments:

Post a Comment