Monday 6 September 2010

The Dawn of My Actual Life

Having now escaped the bubble that was my 'Italian' Summer- for anyone that might have wondered, I did not spontaneously combust since my last post. I was actually quite good at the teaching thing. I think- and returned to the relative normality of my life in Bath, I figured it was probably a good time to get back to blogging.


So after deciding that teaching was the correct life choice for me, I had settled myself to this fate.


That is until, out of the blue, someone has offered me the fate I had really started to think I wasn't going to get. Don't ask me quite how or why, but it has been decided that I am capable of writing a book. A book about Jane.


By this time next year- when I will be considerably more of a twentysomething at almost 22- I may well be the author of my very own, actual, real life book. And in a few weeks time, I'm going to be giving what is essentially a lecture on Northanger Abbey. I don't want to get my hopes to high, but it's starting to look like life might actually turn out the way I'd hoped it might. All because I know more about Jane Austen than is healthy for a girl of 20.


Who knew being a massive geek could ever become so profitable.


All hail Jane, that's what I say. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment