Sunday 25 July 2010

Thats Miss Wonderland to You

Ladies and Gentleman: Would you allow this woman to be in responsible for the education of your children?




Could you trust her to instill in them a sense of responsibility and wisdom?

Lets hope so, otherwise this blog really is going to become a pre-life meltdown. Tomorrow, instead of donning my lovely pink tshirt and wandering around cities I've never visited pretending to 70 children I know exactly where we are, I will be teaching.
The whole point of all of this, the jobs, the course, the obssesive compulsive need to futher peoples knowledge about things they don't really care about points to one eventual goal. The noble profession of teaching.
Like my eventual attendance of university, teaching has been the assumed goal since I was about 14 and realised I wasn't very good at anything else. At least not anything that was a legitimate career choice. So far I've been a Guide Leader, a babysitter, a book club leader, a careers advisor, an undefined adult prescence/voluntary slave at my old school and of course, my prized position as geekiest/saddest of the Jane Austen Centre guiding staff.
However, no one has actually yet left me in charge of a class for much more than twenty minutes. Tomorrow I will be giving an entire two hour lesson to about 15 I.talian students and all joking aside, this is a big deal. This is the make it or break it moment- if I totally bomb the whole thing or realise in fact I despise children and would much rather be a pig farmer, my entire life plan will go up in flames.
Flames I say!
With all that said it would probably be wise to actually sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment