Friday 23 July 2010

Mueve la calita, mamita rica!

Despite being undisputed Queen of the Disco, the kids have taught me a new dance.

It's to a Spanish song called Mueve la Calita, and as I had guessed when they told me the name of the song, the main dance move is to shake yo thang. Mueve la calita is basically a command to shake your butt, and the dance is pretty fun. However, as they were teaching it to me I began to realize that the lyrics we're not exactly wholesome. Sadly my out of practice Spanish meant that I couldn't quite translate it- though it seemed they don't know what it means, because they didn't know to go right when they said derecha and left on izquierda.

It turns out it might be a good thing if they don't get it.

So, on 'mueve la calita, mamita rica'- shake that ass cute mamma, basically, you'll do a little wiggle. But then there's this bit:

Adónde le gusta a las mujeres? Ahí, ahí! Y cómo es que le hacen los hombres? Así, así!

Which means:

Where do like it girls? There, there! And how do the men do it? Like this, like this!


As one might imagine, the move here of course is a hip thrust. Not quite as wholesome as Whigfield's Saturday Night then....

No comments:

Post a Comment