Saturday 25 September 2010

Trains, Trains and the odd Automobile

I have conquered my fear of trains. This may not appear to be a big deal, I know.

(And it's probably not, since it's pretty irrational fear and a crap one at that. I read in a magazine about a woman who had a phobia of the male genitalia. Honestly.)

Despite my elation at conquering said fear, I may cry if I have to run across one more platform lugging my ill-thought out luggage- I'm a terrible packer. However, despite late trains, trains in the wrong direction, drunk welsh football fans and freezing compartments I feel like quite the veteran traveller. Considering that when I first came to uni my first train journey consisted of me getting lost at Bristol Temple Meads station, not understanding which tickets were which and holding everyone up at the barriers, then going out the wrong exit at Derby and not being allowed back in the station, my being able to navigate platforms logically is quite the achievement.

It may not be much, but I'm running with it.

Plus my fringe is starting to grow back out so I know longer look like an unfortunate small boy, thank god.

No comments:

Post a Comment