Sunday 19 September 2010

All for the love of Jane

So the Jane Austen Festival has begun, we've been going for three days and everybody is already completely knackered. I spent all day Saturday manning my Festival Facebook stand, which turned out to be pretty successful, thank Jane. However, then having to work all day today pretty much killed me- and tomorrow I have to get up at about 6am to go to Kent. Great. I can't really complain, since I really wanted to go and it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea to go right in the middle of the festival.

My planning skills amaze even me sometimes.

But still, tomorrow I get to see Godmersham Park, home of Jane's third brother Edward which I have to admit is really exciting. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great pictures for the book, which of course is my main reason for visiting.

Obviously, being me my main worry is not the long journey or getting what I need but how to dress. I quickly realised when people meet me they aren't quite expecting a 20 year old with a pixie crop hair cut, so a Wonder Woman tshirt is probably not the best choice of outfit. On the other hand, I've got spend about six hours on a train so my pencil skirt and blouse is not going to be comfortable AT ALL.

Clearly this is another of my trials as a twentysomething- the art of dressing accurately.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are going to Godmersham! I want to go so badly! I hope you had a fabulous time and I wish you the best with the rest of the festival!

    ReplyDelete