Thursday 13 May 2010

'If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them'

I just bought myself a copy of Pretty in Pink from Amazon- it's a bonus because I managed to get it in a box set with Ferris Beuller and Weird Science for pratically nothing. I'm not really sure why but I've always really loved eighties movies- and yes, I'm not ashmed to admit it's probably partially because of the music- and I used to watch them over and over. After discovering that many of my Uni friends hadn't seen them I insisted that they all watched at least The Breakfast Club and Ferris Beuller. No person should pass into adulthood without seeing those films- personally, I think it should be made a law. Schools should show it as part of compulsary education, it'd be more benefical to them than Citizenship, other wise known as nap time.

I'm not going to lie to you, I was secretly pleased when eighties fashion made a come back. Whenever I wear my blazer and white rimmed sunglasses I have to resist the temptation to start dancing like The Duck man.

(When I say resist, I mean that I check no ones watching then bust a move)

No comments:

Post a Comment