Friday 25 February 2011

The Present Curse

There's been a fair few twenty first birthday's lately, most recently one of my closest friends, April. We've been friends since Year 9, when my moody self plonked down next to her science, so buying her a 21st gift made me feel pretty old.

But it also took over my life. Literally.

I decided I would buy her a book of quotes from her favourite writer, a penguin because of our jaunt to South Africa and a scrap book covering our eight year friendship. It turns out that I was unable to just stick in the pictures and be done with it, I had to cover everything with tissue paper, decorate it, make it beautiful and write witty comments under every photo.

It took my five days. Considering I can't cut in a straight line it was challenging to say the least, but she loved it. So we sat there, with our other long term bestie Natalie cooing over the past, and they pointed out that always give great presents.

Fantastic, right?

No, it's a CURSE. Because I have gotten myself a reputation for great presents, never ever will I be able to present a bath set or some chocolates on a birthday. I am doomed for the rest of my life to give well thought, meaningful and unique gifts.

WHAT HAVE I CREATED?

No comments:

Post a Comment